IHCD Ambulance Technician Course
We are now taking expressions of interest from individuals for course being held in 2013.
This is the IHCD Ambulance Technician Course. The IHCD Technician course is the recognised qualification for employment as an Ambulance Technician within the NHS Ambulance Services across the United Kingdom. IHCD Ambulance Technicians are employable in the NHS, Private and voluntary ambulance sectors. This course is a must for all those wishing to work as an ambulance technician within the U.K.
The course is run over an 8 week period Monday to Friday. Training is delivered by experienced State Registered Paramedic Tutors
The Ambulance Technician Qualification is the first stage for the Paramedic Practice Qualification and can also be delivered as a stand alone qualification suitable for those providing emergency care.
This qualification is delivered in 4 units
- Introduction to the Body Systems
- Managing Injury and Illness
The qualification includes 750 hours of appropriate clinical placement. Learners are advised to secure their clinical placement before commencing their training, and to check its suitability with the accredited Centre.
There are set knowledge assessments for each of the Units except the clinical placement.
Topics covered include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Body Systems (e.g., Respiratory, Cardiac, Nervous, Skeletal, Digestive)
- Patient Examination and Assessment
- Airway Management and Resuscitation
- Cardiac monitoring and Automated External Defibrillation
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Infants and Children
- Extremes of Body Temperature
- Infection Prevention and Infectious Diseases
- Law and Ambulance Staff
- Major Incidents
This course can also be undertaken for those personnel currently working in hostile environments both on land and in the maritime sector.
Accreditation: Institute of Health Care Development (Edexcel/IHCD) Award (BTEC Level 3)
Course length: 8 weeks (Monday-Friday).
Course Structure Options:
The course is delivered in two formats as follows:
8 Week course
- Course will run Monday to Friday for 8 weeks completing the required contact hours
- All learners must attend all course sessions to satisfy requirements to sit examinations
Post Education Requirements
750 Consolidation/supervised practice under direct supervision of IHCD Technician / HPC Paramedic
It is your responsibility to secure practical ambulance placements however we will assist through partner organisations
Submission of portfolio of evidence
Cost: £4,600.00 (£4,300.00 if you hold the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Training Agency EMT(I) Qualification).
Accommodation: Accommodation prices are not included. However, we have links with local hotels and B&B with very good rates.
- 25% payment required at the time of booking
- Completed booking form
- Current CV
- References from 2 referees
- Completion of Placement Facilitation Agreement
To express an interest in this course, please e mail us for a booking form. E Mail email@example.com stating IHCD Tech Expression of Interest in the subject line.